Congratulations to the Credit Valley Family Health Team
The Canadian Diabetes Association Standards Recognition Review Committee has recognized the Family Health Team as a centre that successfully meets the Standards for Diabetes Education in Canada following their accreditation in March! To attain this recognition status the centre had to achieve a minimum of 80% satisfaction within each of the outcomes, process and structure categories. Overall the review findings indicated “delivery of superior diabetes education services for people in your community”.
A few notable commendations from the extensive review:
- Well integrated use of collaborative goal setting and tool development for tracking
- Commitment to evaluation, excellence in care and service provision
- Strong linkages to the community and plan for growth in this area – work with family physicians is commendable
- Partnership with the LHIN and hospital diabetes centre to ensure consistent messaging
- Integration and promotion of primary care within the current diabetes strategy
This recognition status is granted for a five year period. The Family Health Team will be presented with a Certificate of Recognition at the October Annual CDA meeting in Edmonton! Congratulations!
Photo by Steve Maxwell.